Website Global organisation in life sciences
NVDB Talent Solutions
Working as a Biosafety Officer (BSO/BVF) is really exiting if you can do this at this international R&D and manufacturing company in the Brabant/ Limburg region in The Netherlands. This global player in life sciences develops and produces vaccines and medicines. At this top 5 employer in The Netherlands you are responsible for biosafety programs at a site of 1,800 employees. You’ll work within the Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) department with 15 specialists and report to the associate director Safety.
Your workplace? A modern environment at a company that operates in a socially responsible manner and contributes to health. That is work that really matters for a global leader in life sciences. As a Biosafety Officer (BSO) you:
- implement biosafety programs in which you ensure compliance with both international and company-specific regulations regarding the safety of working with genetically modified organisms (GMO) and biological agents.
- develop and implement corrective action & preventive action plans (CAPA’s) with regard to biological safety risks within the production facilities and microbiology laboratories (ML-I, ML-II and ML-III).
- work closely with colleagues from other departments such as engineering, operations and R&D with regards to improvement plans and “best practices”.
- offer technical support for projects and modifications with regard to the biosafety design and containment in the biotechnological production process.
- monitor the biotechnological production processes, you advise on exposure risks to biological agents and GMO and you advise on personal protective equipment (PPE).
- perform risk assessments and evaluations (RI&E) and audits in the field of (biological) safety.
- actively contribute to the development of the bio-occupational hygiene strategy and biosafety programs for employees and management.
Compensation and benefits for the position of Biosafety Officer
In exchange for the experience and expertise you bring to this organization in life sciences, you can count on excellent conditions, such as:
- an initial salary up to appr. € 80,000 gross per year depending on education and experience.
- fixed 3% year-end bonus + a result-dependent bonus of 7%.
- flexible working hours with the option to working one day from home.
- an annual salary increase in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement.
- 8% holiday pay.
- interesting pension scheme with 80% employer contribution.
- 35,5 vacation days plus a maximum of 5 age-related days.
- travel allowance whereby travel by public transport is 100% reimbursed.
- a contract directly with the employer.
Your career opportunities
With a personal development plan, consisting of internal and external training, classroom training and e-learnings, you get every opportunity to develop and grow at national or international level. Next steps could be senior EHS specialist, associate director EHS or director EHS.
Your new workplace in North-Brabant/ Limburg
The location is easily accessible by car and public transport. For example, if you come from Arnhem, Nijmegen, Cuijk, Oss, Den Bosch, Veghel, Geldrop, Uden, Boxtel, Boxmeer, Eindhoven, Helmond, Weert, Venlo, Venray, Roermond or Sittard. And if you travel by public transport, the travel costs are fully reimbursed.
The background that fits the ideal Biosafety Officer
With your excellent communication skills and strong personality, you can effectively interact with both the workplace and management. You are competent work together in a team, set priorities and have technical affinity. You are also the Biosafety Officer with:
- a bachelor or master’s degree in microbiology, molecular biology, biotechnology, virology, bio-pharmaceutical sciences, industrial pharmacy, bio sciences or related.
- an additional certification of safety engineering (HVK) and/or occupational/ industrial hygiene is an advantage or you are willing to achieve these certifications.
- several years of experience as a Biosafety, Biorisk, or Biosecurity Officer with good knowledge of biological agents, genetically modified organisms (GMO), legislation and containment concepts.
- an industrial, pharmaceutical, biotechnological or food background.
- experience with data and trend analysis and ability to do cost-effective recommendations.
- excellent English language skills. Dutch is an advantage.
To apply for the vacancy of Biosafety Officer
NVDB Talent Solutions in Eindhoven carries out the recruitment and selection process. Apply by uploading your resume via the application button. For information about the Biosafety Officer vacancy contact Stefan Notermans of NVDB Talent Solutions: email@example.com.