Site One of the world's top pharmaceutical companies
global scope - based in Netherlands, Belgium or Germany - hybrid working - Dutch speaking
Working as a Senior Microbiologist is really challenging if you can do this at an organization that is one of the world’s top pharmaceutical companies. From the Netherlands, in the North Brabant region, you can function as a senior specialist on global level. This organization develops and produces life saving medicines for oncology, anesthesia and fertility. This employer offers an open, agile, collaborative culture and, at the same time, a Fortune 500 company with an international footprint that serves people in more than 140 markets.
As a Senior Microbiologist you are part of the Advanced Microbiology Group (AMG) and work within multidisciplinary teams during complex deviations. The team provides a pivotal contribution in microbiological related significant investigations with potential of significant discard risk, recall risk or supply disruption. The main scope of this role is the UK, Indonesia, Mexico and Brazil. The position can be filled from the Netherlands, Belgium or Germany where you will work 1 to 2 days a week onsite in North Brabant. The team consists of 3 specialists and reports to the AMG Lead.
Purpose of the job
As a senior specialist you execute quality risk assessments for commercial products and products in commercialization to detect potential risks on microbiological contamination. You drive development & validation projects for implementation of microbiological technology. You oversee the currently in-use microbiological control mechanisms (e.g. detection technologies) for commercial products and/or products in commercialization for all modalities. As a senior specialist you also deliver on site support for recovery after a microbiological contamination and implements (improvement) projects to control risks on microbiological contamination.
Your main activities
- Writing microbiological technical assessments to support decision making on batches or production processes. Technical assessments can be part of risk assessments.
- Involved in the choice of global new rapid method technology platforms for microbial contamination.
- Drive and performs work for qualification and implementation of the technology in a harmonized way to secure efficient implementation at every site. You identify risks for the projects.
- Make clear global business cases for every single project and collaboration with multiple global sites, academia and third parties.
- Deliver microbiological support to sites online as well onsite. Analyzing of microbiology complex root causes on a global scale. Define the best practices to tackle those root causes and design quality control concepts to prevent incidents to happen.
- Advice the manufacturing staff, quality staff and other related roles using improved control strategies in the manufacturing process. Provide advice in line with general standards of industry, governmental expectations and procedures and guidelines.
- Focus on new available control technologies internationally available. Initiate and formulate proposals/business cases for control/quality improvement projects including deliverables and planning for the coordination and implementation of proposed improvements, in consultation with AMG Lead, business unit staff, quality staff and external parties.
- Ensure that all activities are performed and documented according to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards and that relevant international guidelines related to control/microbiology.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a life sciences field, e.g. microbiology, virology or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in preferable global multidisciplinary teams. Willingness to gain in-depth knowledge of pharmaceutical guidelines and GMP.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical, bio tech or food manufacturing, analytical development and validation processes and microbiology/virology with in-depth knowledge of analytics for microbiology detection and e.g. DNA testing.
- Strong focus on quality, safety and compliance for microbiological risks in manufacturing. Innovative ability, the drive to continuously improve manufacturing network, a result driven mindset and strong project management skills.
- Professional communication skills in Dutch (required) and English.
- The willingness to travel 10-20% of your working hours internationally, depending on business needs.
- Salary indication € 62.500 – € 75.000 gross (including a fix 3% year-end bonus) depending on your academic level and relevant work experience.
- Annual incentive plan of 10% (added bonus).
- 35,5 days of leave and the possibility to buy even extra days.
- Clear salary path with an annual increase.
- Many additional benefits, like leasing an e-bike, discount to the gym, financial support for sustainable employability and mental health, individual training budget and a solid pension plan.
- Travel allowance for commuting.
- Hybrid working policy.
- Fulltime contract with the option of 32 hours working.
Your career opportunities
With a personal development path, internal and external courses, classroom trainings and e-learnings, you get every opportunity to develop and grow (inter)nationally. Your next step can be qualified person, pharmaceutical specialist, manager or (associate) director roles in e.g. quality control, quality release, quality assurance, quality systems, microbiology or analytical chemistry.
How to apply?
NVDB Talent Solutions conducts the recruitment and selection process. Apply directly by uploading your resume via the application button. For more information, please send an email to email@example.com or call +31 (0)6 29 170 631.